Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech

I have 2009 camry 4 cyl. Car is making wierd rubbing, low

Customer Question

I have 2009 camry 4 cyl. Car is making wierd rubbing, low pitch noise up front . Usually in the morning when cold after I back out and turn wheel left. Later in day I can't notice. Took to first shop few weeks ago and said couldn't find but looked safe to drive. Took to 2nd shop but left overnight so they could hear noise in morning. The said cv shaft with alignment. I paid $650 but noticed sound next morning. I did have my power steering flushed 3 months ago not sure if relevant.
Submitted: 4 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 3 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** you tell me if the noise gets louder when you turn the steering wheel?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
no same steady noise every time
Expert:  Fixitman replied 3 days ago.

Thank you. Does the noise only appear when the vehicle is moving or even when it is stationary?

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
only when moving and turning mostly in morning at low speeds.right after i back out i always here in morning. then after few left turns its gone by time i get to work 10 miles away
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 days ago.

Thank you. I would get the car in the air and check the brakes and the bearings. You may be hearing an inner brake pad that is failing. If the brakes are fine then a hub bearing that is also failing will cause this.