Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have Celica 91convertible no radio, no cig lighter,no

I have Celica 91convertible no radio, no cig lighter,no clock, all fuses are good and replaced by new fuses, I check all connectors of cig lighter with voltmeter: no power.Can you give me some hint?
JA: Most vehicles have two fuse panels. Have you located both?
Customer: Yes, one is next to battery, one is behind at the knee of driver
JA: What year is your Celica?
Customer: 1991
JA: Are you fixing your Celica yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, I try to fix myself. I am a retired electrical engineer. I have removed the face plate of manual transmission stick in order to remove the audio system (CD, cassette, radio) and cig lighter, and checked the power at all connectors with digital multimeter after I replaced existing fuses in fuse box at the knee of driver
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Oh, I forget important issue: the air bag is on

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Do you still need assistance on this request? Please advise. Thanks.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I was waiting till 3:00am

I am very sorry about that. I am on the east cost and received your request at 7:54 AM this morning. Please go to the car and open the hood. Open the engine compartment fuse panel and look for the DOME fuse. The domelight fuse is what powers the radio, the clock, etc. If it is blown, your accessories you have stated inoperative will have no power.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Let me check the DOME fuse

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
The DOME fuse is blown. I have to et the fuse at Auto Zone now. Thanks. I will get back to you if problem

Very good. Thank you.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
After replaced blown DOME fuse, clock,cig lighter have power, but audio still OFF, Air bag still Off
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry, I meant Air bag still ON
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
After replaced blown DOME fuse, has power to clock, cig lighter, but no power to radio, the Air bag still ON.

The air bag on this car needs to beset using a special electronic tool. Without the reset tool, the light will remain on.

Let's recheck the fuse in the panel under the dash at the left kick panel; specifically the top fuse in the center row. It will be directly under the turn signal flasher (where the fuses are)

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I checked all fuses in the left kick panel, all OK, but I still replaced cig/rad fuse (top of center column) by new good fuse anyway. Radio can't be turned on. Please help
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
To reset the air bag, I followed the instructions by alternately connect the ground to 2 points of fuse box in engine compartment , each for 5 seconds. Is that correct?

(a) Connect service wires to terminals Tc and AB of the
check connector in the engine compartment.
(b) Turn the ignition switch ACC or ON and wait approx. 6 seconds.
(c) Starting with the Tc terminal, apply body ground alternately to
terminal Tc and terminal AB twice each in cycles of 1.0 ± 0.5 seconds.
Finally, keep applying body ground to terminal Tc.

If the air bag light does not go out after this procedure, you have an air bag malfunction somewhere

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
How's about the stereo system stays OFF?

On the back of the radio, where the wire connector plugs into the radio, there should be power in the GREY wire with the key on. You should have power in the Blue/yellow wires with the key on or off. If you have power in these wires, the radio is faulty.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi,I just check the voltages at the wires. They are totally different to your suggestion. Here's what I found:
- Green with some silver bands: Ground
-White/Green : Ground
-Blue/Red: Ground
-White/Black: Ground
-Red with silver bands: constant 12V(Live)
-Blue/Red with silver bands 12V ACC (On when key at ignition)
I found that White/Black wire broken. After reconnected this wire to ground, when I re-inserted the connector to the back of radio/CD, then some rattle sounds at the speakers. I stopped to re-insert the connector and wait for your advice.
Those colors do not match my wiring book. Please confirm the month and year the vehicle was built (sticker on driver side door area), and the type of radio. (Am/fm, am/fm/cd, etc and the maker of the radio (or 5 digit model number). I'll research this and get back to you later this afternoon.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Car Info: Celica 1991convertible GT MFD: 11/90 Model ST184L-BKMGKA
Stereo: Toyota 8/12 Compact Disc Player/PLL Synthesized, AM/FM Receiver Model: 16802.
Made: Fujitsu 86120-2B300. Model CD-1632 TL-A. Serial#(###) ###-####MTD 1440. Connector at the back is 14 pins.
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Would you please get the security code.

The wires that you specify are nowhere near what the colours are supposed to be according to my book. Additionally, the 16802 radio does not show up on my master list (might explain why you have these color wires; it is not original or it is not a USA market car). If you need the security code, you need to call Fujitsu Ten on this one.

Since you have power is the two necessary wires, I suspect a radio issue if it will not come on.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I will call Fujitsu Ten for the code. Thanks

You are very welcome.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
The first owner was Teresa Newman(female singer). The car was kept in good shape, very low mileage, all componnents are OEM even the paintid original. I checked the wiring diagram of Fujitsu 86120 connector that matches with the wiring on my car.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
This Disc Player/ Receiver is connected to Toyota Multipower Amplifier, Front: 30Wx2.Rear: 30Wx2. front woofer 50Wx2. It is a 220 Watts Amplifier uses 6 Speakers. Please help

Ok. You have the rare but highly desirable system. On the back of the radio, power is sent by the amplifier. The power wire is the Red connected to the amp wire connector. The white/Black wire is the ground. On the wire connector for the amplifier, the constant power into the unit is via 2 wires: Blue/Yellow and Blue/Black. The solid grey wire on the amp is the Main power (key on).

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Millions thanks. I will check on wiring and unit again.

You are very welcome

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I checked the power as follow:
-On the connector 16 pins of amplifier: 12Volts constant at Blue/Yellow wire and Blue/Black wires, GND at Brown wires(2 brown wire next to each other)
-On the connector 14 pins of amplifier, +12 volts ACC at Blue/ Red and Gray wires, GND at White/Black wire.
On the connector 14 pins of CD Player/ Receiver, 12Volts constant at Red wire, 12Volts ACC at Blue/Red wire, GND at White/ Black wire.
So the amplifier has 2 connectors with different color wire. the power lines come to both units, amplifier and CD player/ Receiver, no blown fuse but I still can't turn radio on.
Please help

If the radio does not come on with the voltages you have specified (which are 100% correct), I suspect your radio input stage transformer is faulty.

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** I get the input transformer and the electronic schematic? Please help
Your best bet here is to contact Fujitsu Ten. You can ship the radio to them and they will repair it. The interval parts are not available thru normal parts systems.
Internal not interval.
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I will contact Fujitsu ten. Thanks a lot
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have search on line, there're a lot toyota stereo similar to mine. But I am not sure about the connector of the receiver, since I looked up online , some of them have 2 connectors, mine has only one, but if I check mine online, it showed also 2 connectors. That confuse me. Please give some advices. Thanks

As long as the unit you are looking at is a 16802, you would get the right one.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
It said,my card number was incorrected. Please guide me to correct my card number.

Contact customer service. They will assist you. I cannot transfer you to that area of the site.