Kurt Kennedy
Kurt Kennedy,
Experience:  Shop foreman at Auto-Lab of Texas
93876653

Left running - ran out of gas. reset for fuel system,

Customer Question

left running - ran out of gas.
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: reset for fuel system
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Highlander 2011
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I left it running - came back and it won't even make a sound. Added 2 gallons of gas and charged the battery
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 1 month ago.

Hello, My name is ***** ***** I am a master Toyota Tech. and ill be the one helping you with this issue.
Before we get to far into this ,can you please tell me if the car is a smart key (key fob) or a regular key you insert into the ign. and turn?

depending on what type of key you have, will help figure out a way to go about fixing the issue.

Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fob

Awesome. So you have gas now, and charged the battery correct?

What i am going to ask you to do might seem a little odd, but just go with me on this.

When you are outside of the car, doors shut, hood down and everything, when you hit the unlock button, will the car unlock? if so, lock, then unlock the car.
Walk to the car, sit down inside. open and shut the drivers door TWICE, then try to start the car.

if the car does not start, after putting your foot on the brake pedal to start it, tell me what color the led is on the push button start. it should be *****, *****, or red.

Thanks!