Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2009 Avalon 'toots' when parked and locked. The 'toot' is

Customer Question

my 2009 Avalon 'toots' when parked and locked. The 'toot' is just about every 2-3 minutes. No 'service' lights when it's on and no tooting. What should I do? It's never done this before and I bought it new.
JA: Do you have the trouble code? Do you have a code reader or scan tool?
Customer: There is no trouble code and I don't have any tools. When I look thru the window the only light is the little red security light that's always on when parked and locked.
JA: I'll pass this info along to the Toyota Mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO! I'm a 'turn it on and drive' person. I'm going to the local Toyota dealer next Thursday, but this new 'tooting' is worrying.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Can't think of anything, thanks.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Before we begin, would this car happen to have a moonroof? Thanks