Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

I changed a dead batteryet followed the steps to reset, no

Customer Question

Hi Pearl. I changed a dead batteryet followed the steps to reset, no black box under the seat, fuses are good, no other alarm system.installed, no panel light only headlights, can lights, and rear light with a blaring horn. Please help
JA: Have you checked the fuses? Have you checked the bulbs?
Customer: Yes And the panel fuses as well
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2013 tundra
JA: Are you fixing your Tundra yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am as they checked yesterday that it was the alternator for a sluggish battery. Woke this.morning to a sluggish battery and I've tried the list currently popted in the forum, - reconnected , locked all doors with physical.key as the fob will not locked them.right now (that's just happened when battery changed), locked all doors, closed the hood, waited 1 min, unlocked the door still no panel lights, tried the key forward and back to the on position. And nothing
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No maam6
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 13 days ago.
Any updates? Vehicle is about to be towed if I can't get this resolved.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 12 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Tomorrow should be good around lunch time EST

I will leave you with some stuff now so you can work on it tomorrow when your ready.

When you say no panel lights I assume you mean there are no instrument cluster warning lights coming on with the key in the run position and it will not even crank.

Do you own a test light or volt meter?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
You are correct. Dash is completely black. No indicators of any kind. Headlight, taillights and overhead cab light only with a blaring horn. No it will not crank. All was working fine with a sluggish start then a struggle but no crank response. Changed the battery and this is where I am as of that. Key in the door only unlocks the driver side. Fob to unlock, locks are unresponsive.

First off remove the 10 amp horn fuse under the hood so you can at least work on the vehicle.

So far this looks to be an aftermarket immobilizer that has activated from the battery swap because the OEM theft system should not act like this.

Remove the ignition 2 relay removed under the hood. Is there one pin there with 12.6 battery voltage? With the key on is there now another pin powered?

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Will do in the a.m. as it is 2:30 a.m. here. Eager to try it .

Let me know those results when your ready. Later or early here as well.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 10 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris