Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

Re 2007 camry, oil consumption problem, would you buy a car

Customer Question

re 2007 camry, oil consumption problem, would you buy a car that burn oil at the rate of 1 qt / 1200 miles? and does that mean it will get even worse later
i know about the extended warranty from toyota but stops at 150k miles
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Unfortunately this oil consumption (quart in 1200 miles) is considered normal Toyota. It maybe reduced by replacing the piston ring. That being said , I sure would not buy this car as it will surely over time get worse and you will end up having to replace the rings. They know it has a problem but are not doing anything to resolve it. A properly sealing engine should not burn any oil.