Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Climate control module is frozen, 2005 Sequoia, ran the test

climate control module is frozen
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2005 Sequoia
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: ran the test like was described by Tim Mohr on website got a code 21
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: how do you reset?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: mah nah

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose), my normal schedule online is around lunch and after dinner past midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • I can help with this question.
  • Reply and let me know when your able to work on this concern.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Moose. It had been completely non-functioning (none of the buttons or controls would work) so I ran the diagnostic test as I learned from this website. I got the code 21. So I thought it would be the solar sensor. Well...after I got home from work, I tried running the test one last time just to confirm the code was right. Surprise...the panel started functioning again. The only issue now is that the rear climate control stays stuck in a high position sometimes...not consistent. Will flip in and out of high even if I change the settings.

Are you saying the rear blower speed gets stuck on high setting?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It was...not today now. Everything working fine.

Since it is now working fine, you will not be able to diagnose it to see what is causing this issue. Normally when you have an intermittent issue like this it comes out to the be the climate control module that is to blame.

This is my 1st answer of what can be many. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. At the top of your screen is the rating box that you only get to use once. Please make sure to complete the mandatory rating when ready or reply and say "I am pleased with my answer". Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way.

Thanks Moose.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep thanks

Your welcome

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Yep...thanks. System is working fine and no issues. Nothing much else to do at this time.

Thanks for rating my response.