Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

My 2007 toyota tundra headlights will turn on hours after it

my 2007 toyota tundra headlights will turn on hours after it has been shut off they are on for a few minutes then shut off.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. let me check my notes and get back to you.

Ok as you can see all the headlights go through the DRL module and to me that's what can do what your describing if it shorts out, have replaced a few myself. Hope this gives you a start to fixin g your problem.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How do I check if its shorted? What does a new module cost? I'll double check the parking switch too. I have read that those fail and then trigger the DRL module. I am just making sure I get it fixed first. I'll look into it tonight.

yes that switch does come into play but it will either work or not , I can't see it effecting it the way you describe.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
What is the module part number? I'll order a new one and see if it fixes it.
Thanks,
Jarrid

try this as well. Part Number:(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The one link to the DRL modelue install provides the part number for a module without DRLs. I don't need to get rid of my DRLs. I just want a new module. And for 55 I'll replace that and see how it goes. Though Maybe getting rid of the DRLs would be okay I hate when you cannot turn your head lights off and drive still. Aka when I pull into a buddies garage to work on it and he is in front and I am blinding him with headlights. I can replace the relay too. Thanks for that part number.

I know , I just wanted to give you an option . but yes try that first because they all go through that .

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I talked to a local Toyota dealership haveand we discussed how my truck was made in the US and then was certified in Canada. In Canada they mandate full time DRLs so this vehicle probably has been modified to make sure lights are on all the time when the vehicle is running. Can I get a Canadian wiring scheme?Thanks, JarridCan I ask another question about my wifes Toyota Highlander 2009. The A/C light is flashing. Where should I look to solve that?

If you have the year of her Highlander I can certainly help you there.I'll look for that wiring diagram.

hope this helps

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I did some research and talked to a local dealer. This truck was made in the USA, but at some point in its life it went to Canada and in Canada it must have daytime lights on anytime the truck is on. So there must have been some rewiring done to make it compliant. Clearly I think they wired it wrong. I would like to go back if possible to the USA way and with the DRL Off module. There are times I want to be able to turn my headlights off and leave the vehicle run. Can you send me a wiring schematic for this USA truck? Thank you and I'll review and get you paid soon too.