Fixitman
Fixitman, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified, AA Degree Auto/Diesel Tech
1627031

The local Toyota dealer replaced the throttle body on my

Customer Question

The local Toyota dealer replaced the throttle body on my scion tc (2005) because of error code 2111 with a OEM unit. I drove the car about 15 miles and the code came back. I took the car back to the dealer and they drove it but no error code. I picked up the car and drove home with no problem. The next day I drove the car again and the code came back. The car goes into limp mode as you know when the code appears and is difficult to safely get off the road. could it be a vacuum leak. What do you think
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Fixitman replied 2 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** this code comes up it is rarely due to a vacuum leak. Most of the time this is caused by a bad throttle body or a bad connection at the throttle body. I have seen more connectors fail than actual throttle body failures. When I replace the throttle body I always replace the connector with it. It can also be the accelerator pedal sensor. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.