Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

I have a 2015 Toyota Highlander it's says TRAC OFF ON the

Customer Question

I have a 2015 Toyota Highlander it's says TRAC OFF ON the dash and won't go into drive
JA: How long has this been going on?
Customer: Today
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing I'm stuck in a parking lot
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: It says check AWD
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 3 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This is most likely a fault with a sensor or actuator causing the messages and may have caused the vehicle to stay in neutral or preventing shifting into drive.What will have to be done from here unfortunately is to have the fault codes checked/read out with a fully compatible scan tool to see what codes are set.Once this has been done any codes set will need to be diagnosed to locate and repair this fault here.This will help in locating the issue since these lights are on there should be at least one code set that will help diagnose the issue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete