Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I was driving and my toyota camry (1994) started making a

Customer Question

Hi, i was driving and my toyota camry (1994) started making a really loud rumbling sound every time i pressed on the gas. I pulled over and now every time i start the engine it starts rumbling immediately.. i want to know if it is safe to drive home about 20 minutes away?
JA: Has the vehicle turned into a gas hog? And how does it start -- same as usual?
Customer: I havent noticed its burning more gas.. and it starts the same as usual
JA: What year is your Camry?
Customer: 1994
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have tried putting oil in it and filling the gas tank.. im pulled over at a gas station and i just need to know whether or not it os safe to drive home..
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Yeah yesterday i noticed something leaking from the bottom front of my car Thanks
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Please describe the noise a bit better. Is it a knocking noise, or a grinding? Please clarify. Thanks