Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2008 Toyota Tundra. Lost both key fobs. Bought 2 replacments

Customer Question

2008 Toyota Tundra. Lost both key fobs. Bought 2 replacments fobs from ebay. I cant get them to program. What is the process?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 1 month ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. first of all they need to be programed with a scanner about 1/2 hr labor. they allow so many main and sub keys .The next thing is and I hope you don't shoot me for this one .if you lost the master key you may have to replace the ECU . It was designed that way for theft reasons.sorry for that news You can phone a dealer on that but I have run into this before.If you require further assistance I;ll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have a key and drive with it. Program just the fobs

then that must be a master, then you can program more if it is but still needs a shop scanner to do so, as I explained earlier .