Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

2007 prius hood wont close, nothing at this time...trying to

Customer Question

2007 prius hood wont close
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: nothing at this time...trying to decide if it should go to the shop today. am thinking the problem is with the cable.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: how expensive is this service?
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 18 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. The first thing we need to do is check the cable pull tension in the car. If you pull it, does it feel real loose, like it is not connected to anything, and, if you pull it, do you hear any clicking noise from the center hood latch (the hood must be open and a help[er listening to the cable movement) area?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
My mechanic called saying he had an immediate opening. Am at garage now getting it fixed. Thank you!

Very good. Thanks for choosing Just Answer. If you still need help on this issue, please feel free to reply. Thanks again