Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years

I have a Toyota Avensis 2003 model D4D 2.0 and from both

Customer Question

I have a Toyota Avensis 2003 model D4D 2.0 and from both rear wheels strange metallic sound coming if car is driven or lifted and wheels turned by hands. I think it may be parking break. Not sure if possible both discs bended. Can you help please
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 19 days ago.

I'd agree if both rear wheels are squealing and have resistance to being turned then yes its likely to be a fault parking brake not fully releasing or possibly the shoes are worn out

its probably best to remove the brake discs and check the handbrake drum shoes condition to ensure that the shoes aren't not worn out and the mechanism moves and retracts freely

so applying some copper grease to the pivot points will be of help

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Hi there, will check out parking break and revert. Thanks
Expert:  Matt replied 17 days ago.

just get back to me on this post