Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

I have a 95 4 Runner 3.0 no spark at coil. replaced

Customer Question

I have a 95 4 Runner 3.0 no spark at coil. replaced distributor, distributor cap, rotor button, spark plug wires, spark plugs, ECU, circuit opening relay, checked all fuses, have power to both sides of the coil in run position ---- truck still will not crank
JA: How many miles are on the car? Has the car been starting normally?
Customer: 236000 miles yes it has been starting normally cranked one morning.got ready to put it in gear truck died has not started back since. Just check the black wire with a blue strike at the igniter 2.2 volt got 1.0 volt at ECU
JA: Are you fixing your 9-5 yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes fixing it myself. Tried everything that I have listed above.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Has power on both sides of the coil
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 6 months ago.

Do you still need assistance on this starting issue? If so do you have any way to check for malfunction codes or do you know how on this model? These codes would be set in the engine control computer. Depending on your production date you either will need a code reader plugged into the diagnostic port or you have to use the jumper wire method in the diagnostic port under the hood by the battery and count the flashes on the check engine light on the instrument panel.