Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

My 2002 Sequoia won't stay running, We replaced a igniter a

Customer Question

My 2002 Sequoia won't stay running
JA: Are you fixing your Sequoia yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: We replaced a igniter a few months ago for mis-firing. Then the other day we replaced an alternator, fuel pump, and now won't stay idling
JA: Have you ever replaced the fuel pump, or is this the original?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No does this cost money?
Submitted: 19 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 19 days ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.

Any warning lights on while running?

Above idle does it run fine?

Try cleaning the throttle body using brake cleaner and a tooth brush. Then remove both battery cables and hold them together for 1 minute then 30 minutes later reconnect them and start the vehicle and let it idle for 10 minutes.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 13 days ago.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer.
  • I have not heard back from you, so I assume you were not pleased. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris