Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified
1279120

I have 2011 Toyota Prius car have accident after accident

I have 2011 Toyota Prius car have accident after accident car was drivable after a couple days I can't start car on dashboard just pop out message " hybrid system check" . My scanner doesn't show any diagnostic codes. I looking for help.

hello,

Check the 12 volt auxiliary battery located on the right side inside the trunk, or just try a jump start with a jumper box or another car, you can access the jumper in the fuse box under the hood inside is a small red cover with a plus sign on it, you can attach the positive jumper cable there. If it starts the 12 volt battery will ost likely need to be replaced.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I'm car mechanic too I doesn't have too much experience with Toyota hybrid battery have 13v I already tried before put extra jamp to front fuse box

Thanks for the reply, can the scanner you are using access the hybrid system? If the check engine light is not and it only says to check hybrid system you need to be able to check for codes in the hybrid computers.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I need try

Ok, let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Myes scaner have access too Airbag ABS but not too hybrid system. Tomorrow I will try borrow scanner from my friends

Sounds good, speak to you then.