Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. The 3 row seats will not lock

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Toyota Sienna. The 3 row seats will not lock into the upright position. This problem has existed on the passenger side for quite some time and just happened on the driver side (the 2-seater).
We were able to live with the 1-person seat not working but now we have only 4 functional seats and this is a problem.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I should add the strap (for the cable) has no "give". It does not retract in a little after I pull it. It is as if I have pulled to an "open" or "unlocked" position and it will not retract back in.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 17 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. I have run into this a few times. The most common thigs I found was things getting into the latch areas , the other is latches seizing and cable problems, You will have to use a light and check for stuff that may be jammed in the latches and try to clean out with a narrow screw driver, then you may have to remove some lower seat covers to access the release cable connection to release it. Hope this gives you some help to resolve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

This link may help you out , cheers.