Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

Morning how are you? 2011 Camry, My ac is blowing fine, but

Customer Question

Morning how are you?
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2011 Camry
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: My ac is blowing fine, but the heater isnt working. An orange light flashes when i first start the car. It never dont that before.
JA: Have you checked to make sure the thermostat is working? What about the coolant level?
Customer: Yes, coolant is fine. Although i hadnt changed it in a couple years. The thermostat seems to be fine also. The temp is where it is supposed to be.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: No maam.
Submitted: 20 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 20 days ago.

Hello, welcome.

That orange light that is flashing may be related to what you are describing, please can you be more specific about the light, is it in the dash near the other warning lights? what is the shape of the light and what are the markings? Any way you could post a picture of it here? How long does the light stay flashing after it starts?

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Im refering to the orange light on the ac control head Sir.

Thanks, ***** ***** the vent control is not set on defrost and the recirculation button is on 'fresh', irf it has auto climate control the flashing light may indicate there is a problem with the control unit which then should be diagnosed using a computer that can access the auto climate control system.