Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 and I installed a front windshield

Customer Question

I have a 2011 Toyota Rav4 and I installed a front windshield wiper motor on it. The wiper arms will not work properly. They don't rest in the right position. They are out of sync.
Submitted: 22 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 22 days ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay.

If when you removed the old wiper motor the match marks were not lined up this can cause this issue here.Below is the match mark needing lined up with the motor installed with wipers off and key off.

If this is lined up already or was lined up let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete