Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2013 Highlander V6 Limited, 51k miles. Car runs good, no

Customer Question

2013 Highlander V6 Limited, 51k miles. Car runs good, no problems noticed, except, warning lights and display warnings turned on for SRS, Brakes, ABS, and fuel gage shows empty when tank is full, and remote key locks will not work. The interior door lock buttons will still lock and unlock the doors, just nothing from the remotes.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Have you checked all fuses inside the cabin and under the hood ? Especially the high amp square ones?Do that and get back to me .Aso what did you use to read the codes ? Did ir also allow you to read any pending and history codes?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I did not check all the fuses. I only checked a few that I were labled ecu-b No.1, gages and that appears to relate to ECU, wireless remote control, smart key system, etc. I did not check any of the square ones. I did see two square fuses or relays in the passenger side engine compartment that are SRS related, have not read enough yet to suspect them or learn how to check them. I tried to remove them, but not sure how to release/remove them so I stopped. I could not find anything that related fuses to the items that appear not working. I used a Innova 3160 CanOBD2 Tool, ScanTool+ABS. It did not find any codes stored, Says it does not have the Toyota historical DTC codes feature. Does have one DTC "Readiness" code stored as P0300, random misfire.

ok yes you cannot remove those square ones from the top they are held in from under neath but you can see if the element is burnt or not with a light. If you don't mind I'll se if I can find a wire diagram and get back to you tomorrow as it's getting late.