Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

I have a 1999 Toyota 4runner sr5 the frame is rusted out. I

Customer Question

I have a 1999 Toyota 4runner sr5 the frame is rusted out. I have to get it inspected but it won't pass if the frame is bad. Both sides of the frame is rusted and I don't have anyone to fix my Toyota so I can get it inspected.
Submitted: 24 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 24 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Frame repairs, especially frames that are rusted are very difficult to fix. If the frame is so bad that the repair shop cannot find 'good' metal to weld to, the job cannot be done. Toyota has been known to work with owners with rusted frames. Before you do ANYTHING, call the Toyota Customer Experience Center ("CEC") at 1-***-***-****. Explain the situation to the analyst at the CEC; perhaps they can assist you by offsetting your repair costs. Toyota also has been known to replace frames or buy the vehicles back under certain conditions. It is worth your time to contact them on Monday.