Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

2005 Camry overheated and sat for a year. I have drained all

Customer Question

2005 Camry overheated and sat for a year. I have drained all gas, installed new battery and appears to have fire at all plugs(I checked this). It does have an alarm system indicated by red digital light to left of steering column. Turns over but no start.
JA: Does the battery look like it's leaking? And does it have a strong smell -- like sulfur?
Customer: No. It works great in my other 2005 Camry.
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have help on the way, but so far by myself.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Is there a hidden switch that needs to be reset?
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 25 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. If the alarm system is the factory system, there is no reset button. If the alarm is not a Toyota factory system, there may be a switch, but I could not comment on that. The first thing to do would be to remove a spark plug to see if it is wet with fuel. If the plug is not wet, you may have a fuel pump issue.