Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

Abs light and battery light on. replaced battery stiil on.

Customer Question

abs light and battery light on. replaced battery stiil on . checked alternator and its ok. Funny that battery light only comes on when accelerating.
JA: Is it just the ABS light? Or is the brake system warning light on, too?
Customer: just abs
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2003 extended cab v6
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 25 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 25 days ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Most likely, you have an internal problem with the alternator, specifically a fault in the diode trio. The diodes are what allows or keeps the Charging light off )or on if it is not charging). A faulty diode will allow the battery/charge light come on at idle, or on acceleration. This issue will allow an alternator to test 'good'. The recommendation I have for you would be to take the alternator to be taken apart and bench test the internal components. Most likely, you will find bad diodes.

If you have any questions, please feel free to reply. Please do confirm you received my input; thanks