Skyvisions
Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic
8257649

My toyota 2007 solar engine, vsc and trac light are on what

Customer Question

Hello, my toyota 2007 solar engine, vsc and trac light are on what can I do to fix it
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: Sorry, I don't know where to get the code?
JA: Are you fixing your Solara yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I started it this morning and the lights came on. I drove 7 miles to work and freaking out because I don't know why this happen.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: I replaced the gas cap when I had my inspection last month, but other than that the car has been running great with no problems.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 2 months ago.

Did the Check engine light ever start to flash or did you notice any loss of power?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No, the car is running just fine.

Do you have access to a generic code reader or in in most states except California Virginia they do free malfunction code reads at most AutoZone or similar parts store. We need to know what the code number would be that is set in the engine control computer and causes the check engine light to come on. If you can get to a parts store and check back I can get you more information. Otherwise 90% of the time the check engine light comes on and there's no cylinder misfire or loss of power the problem usually is emission control related. If you don't care about the code number simply remove the negative battery cable for about five minutes then reinstall it this will erase the codes and turn the light off. Whenever the check engine light comes on it will by default cause the vehicle skid control light and other warning lights to come on. If the light does not come back on after you clear the code by removing the battery cable you should be fine to drive.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
OK, I will try that and if it does not work I will try to get by Autozone to see if they can find the code for me.

Ok let me know how it goes.