Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer

My 2006 Toyota Prius rear trunk is not fully engaging when

Customer Question

My 2006 Toyota Prius rear trunk is not fully engaging when shutting the trunk unless I use all of my force and bang the trunk lid shut, I've tried everything including heavy duty grease but nothing seems to work.
Submitted: 28 days ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 28 days ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. Sorry to hear of your problem but hopefully we can solve it . Don't use heavy grease but a light spray grease such as lubricate lithium grease or synthetic spray grease. aia think your problem is more of an adjustment then lubrication, you need to access the little 10mm head bolts holding the latch. Just remove the plastic garnish over the latch on the bottom of the trunk by lifting it up and loosen the bolts holding the latch so you can lift it upward a little ,lock the bolts and try that.make sure there is no debris in the latch. Hope this helps you solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.