Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I understand that the ECU is located behind the glove

Customer Question

I understand that the ECU is located behind the glove compartment. I need removal instructions so I can read the numbers off the ECU.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site, I am reviewing your question and will reply shortly, thanks.

Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating.

On the 1995 Corolla the ECU is actually behind the center console. Please see attached diagram, thanks

Customer: replied 4 months ago.

Not exactly what I was hoping for. I need instructions to get at the ECU.

I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, also DON’T RATE THE ANSWER yet, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.

Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 4 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. do you want me to text the procedure to you or do a phone chat? your call.

I will suply you with an exact procedure for your vehicle to gain access to read and or replace the ECU Even though the year is different it is exactly the same procedure. If you don't understand any of the procedure I will recommend doing the phone chat to get you quickly;y going , but if your ok with it then it's good. Hope this is the info you need to get your job done and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xmEv1VxGhis