Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

2008 Toyota Sienna, just showed up some codes on OBDII:

Customer Question

2008 Toyota Sienna, just showed up some codes on OBDII : P2714 p0793
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: yes, they come right back. one is about a transmission axle speec sensor and the other is about a valve being stuck I can get exact wording,,.. This is a little used car with about 50K miles on it.
JA: Are you fixing your Sienna yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I have looked online and some people with the P0793 code just change the speed sensor. but the other code has a hit that says it needs a tranmission replacement!!
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no just an idea where to change the transmission solinoid or if that's even the reason for the code. I need to know if a ATF flush will help or of this is just a sign of another common issue on the car that I can fix muself or if I have to take it to the dealer.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  david craig replied 8 months ago.

Hi Im David, please allow me a moment to pull up some info for you

P2714 Toyota has a service bulletin for this trouble code TC017-07, it may be necessary to replace the transmission and to reprogram the control module but first you should have the fluid level checked as this could also cause this code. The transmission is sealed and requires a special procedure to verify fluid level, in case the transmission is the problem the warranty coverage is 5yrs/60,000 miles so I would recommend that you contact the Toyota dealer for assistance on this

P0793

PO 793 is a code for an intermediate shaft speed sensor

This sensor detects the rotation speed of the counter gear. By comparing the counter gear speed signal (NC) with the direct clutch speed sensor signal (NT), the ECM detects the shift timing of the gears and appropriately controls the engine torque and hydraulic pressure according to various conditions.

do you still need assistance?