Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2009 camry xle. the rear edge of the sunroof is stuck on the

Customer Question

2009 camry xle. the rear edge of the sunroof is stuck on the metal edge of the roof and wont drop down. last nite I cleaned the seal with vinegar to remove grease oily film buildup and left it open, in vent position overnight. when I tried to close it this morning it did not close fully flush at rear edge, dragging on the metal roof.
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: I just did above cleaning, would like to fix myself. tried nothing so far.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. sorry to hear of your problem. Do you mean the glass part of your sun roof is hung up on the out side of the body not closing?If that's the case it sounds like it got miss aligned some how. To correct this you will have to remove the inside edge trim around the head liner around the sunroof area to gain access to the mounting bolts (screws) then you will have to loosen them to make your adjustments if that's all that's needed. You can remove the sun roof glass this way if further inspection is necessary. In some cases the adjustment requires the use of special shims for height. I'll supply you with a pick showing you the area you need to access. Hope this helps you solve your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
doesn't seem that should be necessary. worked well before I did the seal cleaning with vinegar last nite.

It's hard to visualize exactly what your saying , could you send me a picture of the problem on here so I can better advise you?