Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

The car wont start the light VSC is poping out blocking it,

Customer Question

the car wont start the light VSC is poping out blocking it
JA: Do you happen to know the code? Have you tried to reset the computer?
Customer: yes i do its c1259 and c 1310
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: couple days ago i replays one cei in the battery before i had bunch of lights but did not have any problem to start the vehicle but after i replaced,rebuild the battery i have this problem
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 prius
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when i clearing the codes i able to start it but in little wile VSC pups on the cluster
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: i did replaced used cell maybe it short because its charging slow but drains kwikly
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you.

Have you tried using the Toyota scan tool to clear the code, or a generic one? This is not a system that is serviceable and is generally "fixed" by replacing it... that is if the fault is a permanent one, rather than a one time problem sort of thing. This sort of thing is the "plague" that these hybrid cars have... real expensive sensitive units....

I would advise you to get it to Toyota ASAP and hope you can get it done under warranty... what is the warranty for the hybrid system? 6yr 100k miles? This is NOT a system that you should even be contemplating fixing. Here is some more detailed information regarding the problem:

DTC C1310/51 MALFUNCTION IN HV SYSTEM

CIRCUIT DESCRIPTIONThe skid control ECU communicates with the hybrid control ECU and controls braking force according to the motor's regenerative force. The skid control ECU sends Enhanced VSC signal to the hybrid control ECU and inputs operating signal from the hybrid control ECU. The skid control ECU uses CAN communication for communication with the hybrid control ECU. If a communication malfunction is memorized, the skid control ECU prohibits Enhanced VSC operation and a part of ECB control by fail safe function.

C1310/51 156

The traction control prohibition signal is received for at least 0.07 sec. when IG2 terminal voltage is 10.5V or more for at least 1.5 sec. and communication with hybrid control computer is valid.

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

This DTC is output from the skid control ECU when the hybrid control ECU sends a malfunction signal to the skid control ECU.

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM H0PE this helps your decision easier and answers your question, I'f you require further assistance I;ll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I tried to clear the codes with scan tool, bat it's coming back
I did not have of this problem, codes, before I rebuild the battery pack

then the codes are hard codes which mean they won't clear until you have the problem fixed.

This is not a system that is serviceable and is generally "fixed" by replacing it... that is if the fault is a permanent one, rather than a one time problem sort of thing. This sort of thing is the "plague" that these hybrid cars have... real expensive sensitive units....

DTC C1310/51 MALFUNCTION IN HV SYSTEM

CIRCUIT Description The skid control ECU communicates with the hybrid control ECU and controls braking force according to the motor's regenerative force. The skid control ECU sends Enhanced VSC signal to the hybrid control ECU and inputs operating signal from the hybrid control ECU. The skid control ECU uses CAN communication for communication with the hybrid control ECU. If a communication malfunction is memorized, the skid control ECU prohibits Enhanced VSC operation and a part of ECB control by fail safe function.

C1310/51 156

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM

This is not a system that is servicable and is generally "fixed" by replacing it... that is if the fault is a permanent one, rather than a one time problem sort of thing. This sort of thing is the "plague" that these hybrid cars have... real expensive sensitive units....

I would advise you to get it to toyota ASAP and hope you can get it done under warranty... what is the warranty for the hybrid system? 6yr 100k miles? This is NOT a system that you should even be contemplating fixing.

notes;

Here is some more detailed information regarding the problem:

DTC C1310/51 MALFUNCTION IN HV SYSTEM

C1310/51 156

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM

more notes;

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM Thanx for using just answer and hope this gives you a direction to go and if you require further assistance I';ll be happy to do so.

More info;

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM

more info

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM

more information;

Problem Area

Hybrid control system

(Enhanced VSC)

INSPECTION PROCEDURE:

CHECK HYBRID CONTROL SYSTEM

Problem area is the Hybrid control system , enhanced VSC system. Hope this gives you some direction to go and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.