Ted Ritter
Ted Ritter, Toyota Master Tech
Experience:  Toyota Master Tech, ASE Certified

My security light is bleeping. I fell asleep with the car

Customer Question

My security light is bleeping. I fell asleep with the car running while parked just for a few minutes and now it locked up on me. The lights and stuff are good, it just won't start. And again the security light continues to blink
JA: Does the light flash, blink or stay solid? Have you tried to reset the security system?
Customer: If I start the car, the lights will blink real fast then the headlights and stuff will turn on. I'm trying that now and the steps on here aren't really working.
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: Could it be the battery may need a jump?
JA: What year is your Toyota?
Customer: 2013
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It's a 2013. I've tried the power lock switch technique. Also tried resetting the remote. I just figured I did it wrong
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Well when I turn the key, the lights on the headboard would turn on. But the battery light will be one of the few lights that'll stay. Don't know if that means anything
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, sounds like the battery may have drained down, if you have zany roadside assistance service ave someone come out and try to jump the battery or find someone who can do that.