Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I have a 2002 Camry. The I can't open the flip top over the

Customer Question

I have a 2002 Camry. The I can't open the flip top over the cup holder because the piece that fits inside to help hold smaller cups has dislodged and fell behind the flip door, preventing me from flipping the cover up. Is there anything I can do?
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes, not much I can do it seems. If I could figure out how to remove the entire cup holder assembly I could remove the other piece that is causing the flip door to only partially open
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

is this the set up you have ,

there is clips around it that you can pop out & up aoring the shiufter

put shifter in neutral position when working on it .

those cup holder you can buy from dealer or ebay for cheap

Please let me know , if that will work for you

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Non of these diagrams match my 2002 Camry LE console.

i will opt out & open up your question to another expert they will help you & might have correct diagrams

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Thank you.
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 2 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. be rt back with your info.

are your cup holders in the console behind the shiftier or at the bottom of the dash

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
In the console behind the shifter. They are in a straight line behind the shifter. Just before the storage unit. If I was home I could snap a photo and send it to you.

no that's ok it's like mine then , can I have supper first and then I'll walk you trough it piece of cake.

Ok thanx for being so patient. that cover is held down by clips , just open the arm rest part and use a plastic or non marring tool to pry the top plastic garnish up and you will have access to the cup holders. actually yours is similar to one of the above but the cup holder runs the length of the park handle like mine that's the difference but to remove that cover is the same , just be slow and careful so you don't scratch every thing up , putting it back is just a snap. Hope this helps your problem and if you require any further assistance I'll be happy to do so.

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
I was out running errands, so I just read your response. It may not be until tomorrow morning before I can check it out. I'll let you know what happens. Thanks.

very well if you need me to walk you through it let me know.