Your Toyota Guy
Your Toyota Guy, Certified Toyota Master Diagnostic Technician
Experience:  I have been/am a Toyota technician for 15yrs+.
75929629

Where is the fuse or relay to disable security horn on 2002

Customer Question

Where is the fuse or relay to disable security horn on 2002 tundra? Mine is alarming and can't stop it without pulling battary cable
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Your Toyota Guy replied 7 months ago.

Do you happen to see a small red light to the left of your steering wheel?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
it was flashing

Is this light also a button? Can you push it in and out?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It's raining like hell and I've already come inside and showered. I will check it tomorrow but it's like a monsoon outside and of course dark. Sorry.

No problem I can go ahead and give you the disarm sequence for that alarm if you wish.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
please. I've already gotten the neighbors outside trying to figure where the noise is coming from and its 930 at night and raining hard.

First with the battery still disconnected, put the key into the ignition and turn it to the on position (one click before start).

Then reconnect the battery, the alarm will cause the lights to flash but the horn won't honk yet.

Go back inside the vehicle and make sure that little red light/button is in the out position. Now do the following:

Turn the key off, wait 1 sec, then turn the key back on to the on position, then push the light/button to the in position and leave it in, then turn the key off. The red light should now be on solid (showing that the alarm has been bypassed). You can now start the truck as normal.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok I'll try this in the morning. Thanks

For future reference the system installed on your truck is called the Securi-Key system. Here is a link to the user manual as well: http://jjguy.com/securikey/securikeycommonmanual.pdf

Once you get the truck started please do come back and rate my service so I can stay on the site and help others.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Many thanks. Hope it works. I can't afford a trip to the dealer. Just spent $600 on brakes, calipers, and rotors.

Oh, no you will be fine, it will start right up for you.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I tried the fix this morning and the alarm was quiet for about 15 mins, then started again. The red light to the left was a light only, not a button. I went through the routine as best I could. Sitting now in the Toyota dealership waiting for the bad news.

What was the final verdict?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
They charged me $99 to disable the alarm. I never liked it anyhow so I didn't mind. I had another sub with alarm and it tripped and disabled itself and left me stranded so I didn't care. Electric doors and locked still work and that's all I cared about. Thanks anyway.

Ah, sorry I couldn't be of more help. I am glad you got it worked out though.