Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech
7276279

I live in africa. when the car arrived in country the fan

Customer Question

i live in africa. when the car arrived in country the fan belt was broken. the fan belt was replaced incorrectly and broke/shredding and had to be replaced a second time. i have had the car look at several time only to be told there is nothing wrong but i know a car shouldn't continuously sound like its revving up to change gears.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Hello. My name is ***** ***** I am happy to assist you today. Give me just a moment to review your post, and I'll be right back with the help you need.

Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

Is the engine actually revving up before changing gears or dose it just sound like it is?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
as far as i can tell it sounds like it is.
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

In most cases if you only hearing the sound that usually means the noise is coming from the clutch fan. Has the clutch fan been checked?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
no.... i can have it looked at. do you know what would cause that? it's been happening since we received the car. It wasn't a problem before we shipped it.So is it normal that the faster i drive the louder the revving gets?
Expert:  Ron replied 2 months ago.

The clutch fan should engage as the engine temp increases to cool the engine. When the engine is cold you should not hear it. If its noise all the time then it may be seized up. I would start with having it checked first. If in fact it is seized up then it will need to be replaced.