Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner
14892859

Do you know about 2013 highlander ac and climate control?

Customer Question

hi there do you know about 2013 highlander ac and climate control ?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 6 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i did not explain the problem yet ?

Hey how are you

yes how can help you with a c on the highlander ?

is it not cooling , ac compressor not coming on ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
hi
first thing ,the car had an accident in front ,after the body shop do fixing the car ,there was a damage in the electrical harness for the AC compressor (there is a plug connector with three pins ) smashed the wire color are (blue ,yellow ,green) now i don't know what that sensor called and i don't know what the wire order is,
the other problem is the climate control not working at all no(blower ,temperature control,or the vent control ).the car not showing the outside temperature just showing (F) ,any idea please ,thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
sorry it 2013 highlander the compressor type denso (tsb19c)

HEY HOW ARE YOU

based on the circuit for 2013 highlander looks to me

the ac compressor connector matches those wires

I sent you the diagram showing to way they go to ,does thsis circuit matches the connector you have .

there is an ac pressure sensor also in front , has 3 wires but dont match the color you mentioned only the compressor does

is this what you looking for ?

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bg0pgavyqql7bto/HIGHLANDER%201.gif?dl=0

this a link to my Dropbox where you can Down Loaded and zoom in on it

Chad

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok i see the color i mention in the digram (check the unit b67)has green ,yellow and blue wire ?what is the name fore it ?and do you know how it is look like ?

It said magnetic clutch ac assembly

do you have these wires ,

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
they go to a kind off black sensor in the top of the compressor and it is secure with snap ring ?

yes ,so that compressor has 2 plugs one for compressor itself & the second one is for the front magnetic clutch of the compressor pump that engages when commanded on so your compressor starts pumping

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok ,i got that .now why the climate control dos not working and the blower ?

you have to do some testing .

check , all fuses ,all relays ,all power & grounds to

ac control in dash, blower motor , blower motor resistor, ac pressuer switch , etc... and see what you are missing

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok ,i did some of them already ,
motor plower has 12v and ground ,and there is small red wire between them dos to the resistor
the climate control plug has 4 wire in top row and three in bottom row ,the bottom row has three ground ,and the top row has red wire (no volte ),purple (12 v) the other nothing
all the fuses is good
now can you tall me with power wire i should looking for
and why the out side temperature not working?

Unfortunately that is all the info i have on this vehicle

I will open up your question for another expert , they might have that information for you

I m sorry .I will opt out and another expert will pick it up

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
ok thanks for time

you welcome .

dont reply back so the question stays open to other experts

thanks

Expert:  Toyota Service replied 6 months ago.

Hello. Different expert here. Please allow me to add some input on your request. There are two sets of wires that connect to the compressor. One is power for the compressor unit, and the other is the RPM sensor. If any of these wires have incurred any damage, and are not properly repaired, the AC compressor will not engage. Most likely, the RPM sensor wires are damaged, or, the RPM sensor itself is damaged. The RPM sensor is in place to send the RPM data of the compressor to the AC amplifier assembly. As long as the RPM data is within the specs, the AC amplifier energizes the AC compressor clutch. If the RMP signal is lost (like an internal failure of the compressor), the AC amplifier shuts off power to the compressor (to prevent the drive belt from smoking when it tries to turn a seized compressor). The RPM sensor needs an oscilloscope to diagnose its output; a scan tool cannot read the RPM sensor. This would require further diagnosis in order to determine the exact cause with an oscilloscope; there is no easy way to determine proper RPM sensor diagnosis without the scope. If you have any questions, please feel free to reply to me. Thanks.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks for your replay ,where the location for RPM sensor and how many wires should goes to the RPM sensor and what's the Color code ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The only problem I do have with AC compressor is after the accident there is a sensor in the top of the compressor I believe they call it the magnet compressor sensor , The original plug crashed after the accident and all the wires are exposed there's a three wires Blue, yellow ,green I don't know which one goes left which one goes right and which one in the center of the plug?

You are describing the RPM sensor. There are two separate items on this compressor. One is the clutch, activated by commands from the AC amplifier. The other is the RPM sensor. If the wires are crushed, due to the severity of the impact, it is very likely that the sensor is damaged.

The sensor is, for all intents and purposes, a magnet. As the compressor internal shaft spins, the magnet counts the RPM of the shaft. A frontal impact that smashes the wire harness almost always destroys the sensor. The clearance between the magnet and the shaft is very precise. A frontal impact can and will cause this clearance to change.

The Blue wire on the compressor is power to the compressor clutch. It connects to the engine harness wire connector where that feed wire is blue also. The Green wire is connected to the engine harness purple wire at the wire connector. The Pink wire at the compressor connects to the light blue wire at the connector.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I do have new sensor ,but the original plug harness for the car smashed and I need the color code that go the sensor ,if there is any way to provid a picture for the plug that will solve the problem ?

I gave you the wires for the RPM sensor above. From the sensor, one wire (Green) connects to the Engine harness Purple wire. The Sensor's pink wire connects to the light blue wire on the engine harness. (assuming, of course, that the engine harness has not been modified or altered).

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Sorry we miss some thing here ,I attached pictur for the sensor I have problem with it
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Please see if we was in the same page ,is this the sensor you was talked about ?

Is that wire connector a 1 wire or a 2 wire connector?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It's 3 wire connector Blue ,green,yellow ,the connector plug(car harness) missing due to the accident ,I do have after market plug that fit for it but has a White wire ,I need to know the color sequence in order to put the wire together

Looking at the back of the connector (the wire harness side). with the lock tap in the 12 o'clock position, the terminals are 1,2 & 3, left to right.

Terminal 1: RPM SENSOR (green)

Terminal 2: RPM SENSOR (pink)

Terminal 3: Magnet Clutch (blue)

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But there is no pink color it is yellow ?

The RPM wire could be yellow; however, my diagram clearly shows pink.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Can see the diagram ,and what that sensor called cause I got many names for it so far ?

This would show continuity measured from the yellow wire at the compressor to the 20 pin grey connector behind the glove box , pin 7

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
You mean the AC amplifier ecu ?

yes

The RPM sensor Pink wire (yellow in your case) should be connected to pin 7 of the grey 20 pin connector.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi there
So I did some test unfortunately the wires DID NOT Mach the wiring digram u mention above ,I have green wire conceited to PIN number 7 and yellow wire connected to PIN number 30 ,I find the wire digram that Mach my vehicle , and the wire plug connecter to the AC compressor is BLUE ,GREEN,YELLOW ,the only problem I have is to know the wire position for the BLUE AND YELLOW wich one in the left and right for the car harness side AC plug connector

Please upload a picture of your wires, and their connection area. That would be a great help.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok I attached a pic with explain ,I hop it will help you to find out the wire sequence ,thanks

Ok. are there any remnants of the old connector? if it is a 12 pin connector, the pins are: Yellow: 3 Green: 4 Blue: 5

If it is a 3 pin connector, the pins are Yellow: 1 Green: 3 Blue: 2

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is 3 pin connector but the yellow wire number 1 wich Side of the connector left or right ,this is my problem the yellow wire and the blue wire position
Note: I market the green pin with 7 and yellow with 30 cause that is where they are at the AC amplifier ecu connector

The Bkue wiure goes to a junction connector where it splices into several other wires. The feed for that junction connector is via a light blue wire from the AC amplifier, pin 13