Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.
14928985

Yeah when i try to crank my truck up it will come on for a

Customer Question

Yeah when i try to crank my truck up it will come on for a brief second then shut off. But lights and everything will stay on
JA: Just to clarify, what are the exact lights you're talking about?
Customer: Warning lights and dash lights
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2008 crewmax
JA: Are you fixing your vehicle yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Right now im thinking its the anti theft so i took the key out about 5mins ago Its middle of the night in a parking lot so i cant really call anyone
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Uh not that i can think of
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 2 months ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

From what you have described here this does sound like an anti theft fault causing this issue.This can be due to the key itself at fault or an issue with the immobilizer that reads the key.Unfortunately what has to be done from here is to have the fault codes read out/checked with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to locate and repair this issue here.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete