Toyota Service
Toyota Service, Toyota Expert
Experience:  30+ Yrs of auto experience, Award Winning Svc. Manager; Just Answer Customer's Choice Award Winner

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl. ABS and Brake come on randomly.

Customer Question

2007 Toyota Camry LE 4 cyl. ABS and Brake come on randomly. When they do the speedo goes to zero and AC cooling stops. Odomenter does not register mileage.
JA: Have you checked the brake fluid? And have the brakes been squeaking?
Customer: Brake fluid is up to max. No squeaking except slight when baking out of driveway mornings
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Removed the ABS connector and applied dielectric grease.. Seemed to help a bit as it takes longer for lights t appear but they stay on longer when they do.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Toyota Service replied 1 month ago.

Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you. Based on your statements describing the issue, this really sounds to me like you have an intermittent fault in the Vehicle Speed Sensor. This is the unit that is attached to the top of the transmission; its function is to supply the speedometer/odometer and the ABS computer the vehicle speed. When the speed reading is not seen (via a faulty or disconnected sensor). the ABS lights illuminate. I would recommend getting the speed sensor circuit diagnosed; most likely you will need to replace the sensor.