Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My Toyota camry 98 is having a starting problem and keep on

Customer Question

my Toyota camry 98 is having a starting problem and keep on sounding the alarm ,what might be the ?
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: no
JA: Are you fixing your Camry yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just consulting mechanic over the phone and all they say is bring it to the shop hence toying?
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: technically what might be the issue?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

There are three ways to reset the alarm on the camry:

Option 1

If it is a factory toyota alarm then there is sometimes a small red light somewhere on the steering column. This light is also a button. If you have this style, put the key in the ignition and turn it to the run position, then press the red light button twice and wait about 5 seconds.

Option 2

Try locking and unlocking the driver side door 4 times and then try to start it.

Option 3 -most likely to work unless you have option 1

Turn the key to the run position and wait 3 seconds, then off, then run 3 seconds, then off, then run 3 seonds, do this 4 times total. Then try to start the engine.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Let me know if any of this works.

Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

Disclaimer:

Thank you for the opportunity. I love helping people fix their cars and saving them money. Please keep in mind that most problems will require some diagnosis to get them sorted out. I will be here to help until you are satisfied.

If you do not plan to rate my response please let me know as soon as possible. As an expert on Just Answer I only get paid for my service here based on positive ratings from you, the customer. If you do not plan to rate, and therefore compensate me for my time, I need to focus my efforts on customers who will.

Also, JustAnswer might send a message asking if you would like to speak via phone for an additional fee. That request is automated and not generated by me. We can communicate however you feel most comfortable.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Your answer didn't work
Expert:  Jared D replied 3 months ago.

What is the vehicle doing now? Alarm going off? Won't crank?