Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

Gear shifter is stuck and the abs, back, Tracy off and the

Customer Question

Gear shifter is stuck and the abs, back, Tracy off and the light bulb are all staying on. I took off the lock button and can push down on the lock shift protector and shift gears. The warning lights mentioned above won't go off. Do I need to get the car in for service?
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. sorry about your problems but together we will find a solution.the abs and trac light come on together when the ECU detects a problem in the system. So what you need to do is pull the trouble code so we can proceed to diagnose the problem.the engine light may or may not be on and you can still have a trouble code stored in history or pending. The shift lock problem may or may not be related. it can be either a blown fuse bad connection or faulty shift lock solenoid. check fuses in the cabin fuse block . also give the vin number to a Toyota dealer and see if yours is effected for the shift lock solenoid recall or campaign we have done many for a faulty solenoid. http://www.autonews.com/article/20130926/RETAIL05/130929918/toyota-recalls-about-694000-sienna-minivans-for-shift-lever-flaw Hope this helps and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.