Chad Farhat
Chad Farhat, ASE Certified Technician A6 - Electrical / Electronic systems A7 Heating / Air conditioning systems
Experience:  Owner at Carolina Auto Service & Sales , 20 years Experience in Foreign & Domestic vehicles
45790705

It has some sort of alarm glitch, when i unlock my car the

Customer Question

it has some sort of alarm glitch, when i unlock my car the alarm goes off and i cant stop it no matter if i press lock or unlock it just goes off until it eventually stops by itself and it wont let me start my car
JA: Have you tried locking and unlocking the driver's side door using the key itself?
Customer: no let me go try that
JA: What is the model/year of your Toyota?
Customer: 2004 highlander
JA: Are you fixing your Highlander yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: yes i am trying to ive just tried putting my foot on the break and putting my car in neutral and nothing will let it start
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no that is it
Category: Toyota
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Chad Farhat replied 2 months ago.

Hi, I'm Chad. Welcome to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question and I will be posting your reply ASAP.

what we need is a diagnostic scan with a Toyota scanner or equivalent to read , the antitheft module and retrieve the fault codes to see what failed

the key, the antenna receiver , the door switch, hood switch, the module itself etc...

it could be in the door lock module actuators also .

But for now you can try this in case it will reset for now

Master reset Procedure

1- Disconnect Battery Cables ( Negative & Positive Cables )

2- Hold cables Together for 60 secs ,then let go

3- Wait 15 minutes

4- Make sure all doors are closed

5- Reconnect battery Cables

6- Lock & unlock the vehicles using the key from driver door side (if you have a key fob with no blade key, just lock & unlock using the key fob buttons)

7- Enter the vehicle and attempt to start

Please let me know

Thank You

Chad Farhat

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
it did not work. i am at work and do not have access to tools to disconnect the battery.