Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

Why is my truck running rough at low rmp/idle, running,

Customer Question

Why is my truck running rough at low rmp/idle, running rich, backfire anytime I let off of the throttle, poor power, when I get to around 3000 rpm I loose power, when I drive around for a while the engine light comes on and won't accelerate but will maintain speed and if I floor the peddle when it does that it putters out black exhaust
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

Depending on what year 4.3 you have if it is a 1993 to 1990 with the upper intake covering the injector unit the injector unit and fuel lines at the injector unit under the intake are common to leak needing replaced.This causes this issue you see here.If this is the time frame for this engine or is set up like this here this needs checked to see if this is the cause.If this is o.k. or is not this engine set up let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete