Skyvisions, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Toyota Master Diagnostic

1996 Toyota 4Runner has help code for the original Toyota

Customer Question

1996 Toyota 4Runner has help code for the original Toyota compact stereo
JA: Just to clarify, what's the exact code? And have you tried to reset it?
Customer: Help
JA: Are you fixing your 4Runner yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Online advice but no luck
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Not really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ted Ritter replied 1 month ago.

Hello, the "HELP" message means the theft deterrent system has locked the radio, this is usually because there were three tried to unlock it using the code that was put in a the factory or a wrong code, at this stage even having the original code will not help, each radio has a small letter and numbers on the faceplate, these are used to look up the a corresponding code from a table to get it into the sated so a new code can be entered, sounds confusing, I know but the end result is that you will have to see a dealer because as far as I know only they have a list of codes that can be used to unlock it and give you a new code to use in the future. A radio repair shop may be of help but I don't know for sure you can call around or look online.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
u could not help took da money
Should have said dealer help only
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
U very well know u don't have answers why take da money
Only would have said dealer can solve
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
U didn't have da answer
Please refund money

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wat was da any? See da dealer.
That's bs on your part
U should have said sorry I don't know?
Expert:  Skyvisions replied 1 month ago.

Do you still need to unlock this radio? If so do you have the small radio ID number that would be on the front of the faceplate? If you have that number I can look up the security lock code if it's still available.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
One already took my money without solving. You are next to make quick bucks. Hell with u. I will let da dealer fix it.

Not sure why you're so angry but no one has taken your money you simply made a deposit to your just answer account. No one's been paid anything. I think you need to understand how the website works before you take your anger out on someone trying to help you. The other technician opted out because he could not provide you with the security code. If you would like to continue take a deep breath calm down and get me the radio number and I'll see if I can get the information for the lockout code that you need. If you don't that's fine have a nice day.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Money is already taken
Thanks anyway
Nephew works at Toyota dealer
He text me da procedure but was too blurry. I was in a hurry to get it fixed but anyway I can wait

All you need to do is request a return of the deposit you made. Have a nice day.