Matt, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  BEng, Repaired my own cars and others for 20 years, worked in Formula 1 for 10 years
12772297

I have just replaced my injectors on a 2kd engine 2011 hilux

Customer Question

I have just replaced my injectors on a 2kd engine 2011 hilux and still no improvement in pick up speed and power
JA: How many miles are on the car? Is it an automatic or a manual transmission?
Customer: 125000km
JA: What is the model of your '11 Toyota?
Customer: its a single cab 2011 hilux 4x4
JA: Are you fixing your Cab yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: no suing someone using just replaced injectors
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no sir
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hello

If you haven't already then consider changing the fuel filter as if this partially blocked this will reduce pressure.

Also check the connections to the EGR valve, if either the vacuum pipe of electrical connection are damaged / corroded then the EGR can be on all time which certainly will hurt performance. Its also possible that its a fault with the EGR valve so its worth removing the valve and cleaning it out with brake cleaner, if it looks particularly clogged then replace it.

If this is OK then check the small vacuum lines to the turbo and its connected control solenoid on the bulkhead, any cracks or leaks can give turbo issues and its best to have the boost pressure measured actually measured with a boost gauge to check that the turbo is healthy and that the sensor is reading correctly

If its a variable vane turbo (they’ll be an actuator on the turbo body - but not a wastegate) then check its vacuum pipework as above and check the connections to the diaphragm / solenoid valve

Expert:  Matt replied 3 months ago.

Hi

do you still need help?

Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. I am only paid for my work on this question if you rate my answer, using the star system at the top of the screen. Please do not forget! Thank you