carguy1
carguy1, auto technician
Experience:  25 Years experience all makes and models.Nissan factory trained,Certified Subaru Tech
2921078

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 engine started skipping bad and

Customer Question

2002 Toyota Tacoma 2.7 engine started skipping bad and shakeing.160,00 miles.Engine light came on parts store checked,#3 coil pack bad or spark plugs,P300 code.I replaced spark plugs and fuel filter.Still running rough.Terry
Category: Toyota
Expert:  carguy1 replied 3 months ago.

Hello and thank you for your question!
My name is ***** ***** I will be assisting you with your question today.

Expert:  carguy1 replied 3 months ago.

I would replace the #3 coil, at the very least swap it for the one next to it and see if the misfire moves to that cylinder. It's possible there is something more going on, but typically the coils wear out and start to misfire. Swap #3 and see if it moves.

Also, sometimes when you replace the plugs it can disturb the coils and cause multiple misfires, but I suspect the computer just can't determine it's #3 because the new plugs are working so well.

Please let me know what more I can do to assist you today. Also, please remember to rate my answer, Just Answer does not compensate me for my time and resources. Follow up questions are included in the price of your question. If you are using the free trial, or have a subscription a rating is still required.
Thank you so much!