Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  Over 17 years diagnosing and repairing automobiles various makes and models with some training and certifications.

07 prius triangle of death. Won't start after a hard rain.

Customer Question

07 prius triangle of death. Won't start after a hard rain. Problem resolves after it dries out
JA: Have you checked the battery, particularly the terminal connections? Are they corroded?
Customer: Zero corrosion. Will start initially but triangle comes on leaving it disabled wherever I turn it off until dry
JA: Are you fixing your Prius yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Did seal up some water that was coming in the trunk so trunk is much drier, had hurricane this weekend. Too much rain
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Did remove all corrosion from hybrid battery. All tested within parametersparameters
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Pete replied 1 month ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.

This does sound like an electronic is becoming wet causing this fault here.I would have the fault codes checked/read out with a compatible scan tool that can plug in and communicate with all computers in your model to see what codes are set.Once this is done any codes set need diagnosed to help locate and repair this issue here.Most likely electrical connections will need checked in the engine area and possibly under the vehicle to locate any issues with wiring and connections causing this fault here.If you can get the codes checked and post the codes here let me know.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete