Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My tire sensor light keeps flashing off and on and sometimes

Customer Question

my tire sensor light keeps flashing off and on and sometimes stays on for at least 20 mins, this is a brand new Toyota corolla 2016
JA: Just to clarify, can you tell me which light it is? And does it blink first, then stay on steady?
Customer: the tire sensor on my dashboard
JA: Are you fixing your Corolla yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: trying to took it back to the Dealership and they said it was because of all the after-market equipment that I have installed in my car? That is messing with the computer.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 9 months ago.

what aftermarket equipment have you installed?
was the issue there prior to changing equipment?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
I have a GPS, radar system, police scanner, dash cam, and yes the light was coming on when I first brought the car.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
hello are you still there?
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
can you just let me know what to do, I didn't get a response from you need to know now , don't want to wait on a phone call.

IF that is all that was installed (no change of tires or rims, no tinted windows, etc) then the best way to proceed is to remove the obvious head units that can be seen.
You do not have to remove or disconnect wiring, just the components & have the Dealer / Service Manager recheck the system, being sure to tell them the issue was there when you purchased the vehicle.
There is no way anyone here can tell you IF all the Aftermarket Equipment was installed correctly, so this would come down to wiring & any Signal that would be overriding the Tire Pressure Monitor System........which I have seen with Police Radios & CB's.....(frequency Interference)
Sorry.......I am not able to call
We can continue here..........

.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Sir the equipment was installed by a certified installer, all he did was just tap into a power source nothing else. So that in no way interfered with the computer or the tire sensor.
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
the answer that you just gave me has not help at all, the service manager already told me that.

I have been installing, designing & repairing Aftermarket Radios, Remote Starts, two way Radios, etc. for over 30 years.......
Just because it was installed by a "certified installer" does NOT make the installation "fool proof"........people make mistakes.........
That said, you posted that the issue was there prior to anything being installed, which makes it a "Toyota problem".
IF the Service Manager was no help, go to another Dealer
IF there is no other Dealer close, contact Toyota Customer Service & get them to authorize the Dealer.
IF that is not good enough, then there is no creditable answer that you will accept.
Stands to figure that if the issue was there prior & you do not want to remove the equipment to prove to the Dealer that it is nothing you have done, then you will be stuck with the problem.
Good Luck