Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

I'm in Melbourne Australia. I have lost the only key for my

Customer Question

I'm in Melbourne Australia. I have lost the only key for my 2010 Toyota Yaris
JA: Do you have a backup key? Maybe the emergency kind that fits in your wallet?
Customer: I ought it second hand and there was only one key
JA: Are you fixing your Yaris yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Nothing except look for the key
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only I have no key and the car is parked at home
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer and allowing me to assist you. sorry to hear of your problem I know how that can feel hell I went fishing once and threw my keys in the trunk and shut it so I wouldn't loose them lol well I didn't loose them after the lock smith opened the trunk they were still there. any way enough of me , there is a couple things you can do is take your vehicle's vin number and owner's manual to a Toyota dealer and they may be able to cut you a key. Other then that a key smith may be able to figure out a way to match a key for you would phone one first to see if that's possible. Other then that the only other solution is to replace all locks and ignition cylinder with keys at a dealer or shop. I guess we all learn the hard way to always carry an extra key. Hope this helps a little wit h your problem and if you require further assistance I'll be happy to do so.