Chris (aka-Moose), Auto Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

My 2000 Avalon had to have the battery changed and after it

Customer Question

My 2000 Avalon had to have the battery changed and after it was changed the radio only works on very low volume where you can barley hear it. All fuses were check and none were found to be blown. You can turn the volume all the way up and still you can barley hear the radio. The radio is not lock out since I received the radio code from the Toyota dealer and ran the code, no difference in the radio volume.
JA: Has the battery been recently disconnected? Have you checked the manual or the glove box for the radio code?
Customer: Yes, I went to the Toyota dealer for this, the radio works and CD works but only on very low volume. Does the system have a radio amplifier circuit breaker??
JA: Are you fixing your Avalon yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Yes I am also an ASE master Tech for 35 years, all that was mention earlier was tired.
JA: Anything else you want the mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: Only if they have ran into this problem before on the JBL radio system on the 2000 Toyota Avalon.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 2 months ago.

Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose) I prefer to work when others don't, I am here around lunch and after dinner till after midnight.working after noon till just after midnight.

• Sorry no one has helped yet.
  • Yes, you have been charged already.
  • Yes, I am aware of the time you asked your question and time I am responding.
  • I will be online a couple more hours after this post.
  • This is not an answer to your question, just an inquiry if your still needing/wanting help. Because I believe I can help.
Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Still waiting for a technical answer if anyone ran into this problem and how they were able to correctThe problem.

The battery that was in the vehicle was it weak or did it go 100% dead?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
It was 100% dead.

When a battery dies it rapidly pulses the remaining voltage on and off till dead. This results in power surges to sensitive electronics. A radio failure after a dead battery is quiet common. I suggest you attempt a reset prior to radio replacement. Remove both battery cables, hold them together for 1 minute then 30 minutes later reconnect them to the battery and test.

This is my 1st answer, but does not have to be my only answer. You the website and myself expect you to have a ~~~5 STAR EXCELLENT~~~ experience with my help. Please let me know if you are pleased by selecting a star rating above or by replying and saying your pleased. Not rating or rating 1-2 stars does not benefit you nor me in any way. Follow up and reply as often and when needed, there is no extra charge to do so.

Thanks Moose.

Hello again Chris here,

• I am following up with you to see if you got everything you needed from my answer. We're you pleased with my help?
  • If you were not pleased with my help, please let me know by replying so I can help more.
  • This post is coming up on the 7 day mark where it times out. When a post times out, that means it's no longer on my active list (you reply and I may never know it.)

Thanks Chris