Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Tech

2013 Sequoia...pulled the a/c blower motor last week to

Customer Question

Hi there sir.
2013 Sequoia...pulled the a/c blower motor last week to remove some junk. After reinstalling, a/c unit does not come on automatically when starting truck and it takes a few seconds for me to be able to get it to come on and when it does, it defaults to 75 degrees. Blower works fine in all modes but cooling is now greatly reduced. Ideas?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Justanswer. Thank you for your question and I will assist you with your concern.

Was the system cooling properly before you removed the blower motor?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
everything was cooling just fine...even in the Mississippi heat. All functions were operating normally.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay thank you for that. I would start first with rebooting the system to see if normal operation returns. You can go this by disconcerting both battery cables and touching them together for a few seconds. After doing this, reconnect the cable and retry the AC systems operation. Give this a try and let me know the results you get.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Did that. No change. After starting the truck, it takes 5-10 seconds before the unit will allow me to turn on the a/c. System defaults to 75. Clutch engages properly when turned on.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

So your sure there was nothing left loose ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm sure. I pulled the kick panel off the blower motor and checked all the connections. There was only one for the blower motor but I checked all that I could see under there. Fan works as it should.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay then the next thing I would do is install a set of pressure gauges and monitor the systems pressure just to be sure its at the proper level.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
They did that at the dealership about 3 weeks ago when it was in for an oil change and rotation. They had to do a "software" recall update on the system and checked everything as part of that. It was working fine after that all the way up to when I pulled the blower fan out and reinstalled a week later. I even swapped out the flan clutch relay with another to see if the relay might be affecting the compressor but it's doing the same thing.
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

Okay if you sure the system is full and the blower work normally then about the only thing it can be is a program concern and if that is the cases I would have them recheck the programming the performed.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
ok. is there any type of diagnostic self test for that head unit that you know of that i could check?
Expert:  Ron replied 1 month ago.

If you have access to a full scan to you could scan the system and see if the computer is detecting any fault and if so there should be a fault code. If you can get me a fault code and have a look for you.