Peter Bagley
Peter Bagley, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  master tech at Toyota dealer
24571351

2006 Toyota Sequoia vibration felt in front floor board and

Customer Question

2006 Toyota Sequoia vibration felt in front floor board and drone when decelerating stops when accelerating 2 WD stronger vibration driver side vs passengers side
Category: Toyota
Expert:  Peter Bagley replied 3 months ago.

Hello and welcome to just answer ans allowing me to assist you. To get a better picture at my end may I sak a few questions? At what speeds are you noticing this more so and does it come and go at different speeds? Have you checked the condition and pressures of the tires?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
It starts over 35 mph it occur when decelerating and goes away when accelerating it becomes loud as speed increases. I changed struts a week ago but only a slight improvement. Tire pressure is 38 psi and even all around no vibration in steering. I tried upping tire pressure to 42 no difference. Thinking about having tires spin balanced again but am not feeling any vibration pulse in steering wheel which I normally feel when the tires loose a wt. The brakes an rotors are 2 months old and we had no vibration after replacement. There is 175k in the vehicle.

Hello again, wish I was personally there to hear it probably have an answer right away. One more question, Is this in two or 4wheel drive only when you hear it and can you pinpint locatoin of noise such as front middle or rear when it happens?tell you right now what it isn't, not tires or wheel brgs. it would be there all the time, sounds to me with just tis info in the drive train such as a diff or transfer case gears on the cost. So if you can determine location of noise that would help. also how long ago has the fluids in those items been rerplaced ?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Hi Pete 2 WD fluids are about 40k old 18 month ish rear diff and trans no plug on n the trans I have to pump it from the top. Location is front closer to drivers side as best I can tell but could be center. Could it be trans sincros

no I don't believe the syncros because they only come into play when shifting to start next gear rotating .Question is your transmission a automatic or standard?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.

I guess you misunderstood me . is it an automatic transmission or standard and is it*****or two wheel drive?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Automatic*****

Ok lets try some things to isolate the problem

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
What do you wish to try?